Read my interview on WhoHub

Read my interview on Whohub
Ask my opinion about something:

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Bloggin' on the road

Flying over the Alps on the way to UK
First part of journey!  Well, not strictly speaking.  I'm at Athens airport at the moment, waiting for my plane back to the UK.  It's the RETURN that will be exciting.

I have to say though - leaving my flat in Central Athens to get to the train station to take me ot the airport was an experience:

I leave a little later than planned - highly unlike me, but maybe I'm turning into a Greek after all?  I digress...
Therefore I am in a little bit of a hurry.  I walk past the pharmacy - the girl who works there comes out for a chat with me (not that I spend a lot of time in the pharmacy you must understand, they are just very nice people who I chat with occasionally).  I politely point to my case, making the point that I am in a bit of a rush.  She waves me away with a "Have a good trip."

Second encounter - the man in the hardware store seems me passing and comes to the door to chat:
"Where are you going?"
"England."
"What do you want to go there for?!  It's going to sh*t at the moment, and your weather is cr*p.  Stay here - you'll have a better time" (he doesn't mince his words).

Hmmmmm, I admit it's 36 degrees in the shade, a beach is about a 40 min distance from me by public transport - I don't know what to expect when I get back 'home'/UK...maybe he's right?

Still, am looking forward to seeing my dad - love ya dad...the rest of it we'll have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...